Traditional Programs Don't Work
Results of the National Assessment of Educational Progress Long-Term Trend study released in October 2021 found math scores in 2020 significantly declined for students at age 13 since the test was last given in 2012.
“None of these results are impressive; all of the results were concerning but the math results were particularly daunting, and particularly for 13-year olds,” said Peggy Carr, the commissioner of the National Center for Education Statistics, which administers the NAEP. “I’ve been reporting these results for years, decades. And I’ve never reported a decline like this.”
More students are opting out of rigorous math classes.
Provide Programs with Lasting Results
When students experience PURPOSE in their learning…
- Motivation to learn grows
- Interest and engagement expands
- Effort and persistence take shape
- Task/course completion improves
- Performance is enhanced
- Retention of new information strengthens
Introduce career-connected learning to your students and unleash potential that will provide lasting results for your district, your students, and your local economy.
A Program with Purpose: Pathway2Careers
Consider a summer program that incorporates career-centered learning and makes math meaningful by connecting each student’s interest and passion with the following characteristics:
- A course offering in math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II.
- Courses with over 120 lessons in each core content area.
- Each lesson connects to real-world applications by using high-wage, high-growth jobs.
- Pathway2Careers™ Curriculum introduces students to more than 650 real-world occupations.
- Assessments are embedded that measure growth and track learning across disciplines allowing educators to see the change and gaps occurring.
- An integrated Career Exploration tool allows students (grades 6-12) to explore and make connections to various pathways, thus making math something with purpose and meaning shown through research to promote performance.
Explore three sample lessons to see first-hand how the connection to learning, employment, and growth spark excitement in students to learn essential skills for future opportunities. Because when they can see it, they can be it.
Explore Sample Lessons
Ready to Implement
Summer Plans and Extended Options Available
- Simple and easy to implement
- Access to Pathway2Careers in just 1-2 business days after order placement
- One-hour virtual onboarding prepares educators/facilitators with everything needed to begin a summer learning program
- Includes Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II
- Robust career exploration included